Friday, January 23, 2015

 I put the borders on my pastel Sprinkles top, and it looks very soft and pretty. I love the satisfaction of finishing something so quickly, and as a bonus I get to mark another project Done.
 I've never been one to sew small projects, but I've decided I'd like to have some little quilts and perhaps doll quilts on hand.

I had twelve blue blocks made with patterned backgrounds, so I set them together as a little doll quilt.
 It was great fun choosing settings and border fabrics from the fat quarter drawers instead of needing yardage. And because only one or two nights of sewing are invested in these tiny projects, I don't feel they have to be perfect, which is liberating too.
I'd like to say  there were no more blocks in the box marked "Little Cross blocks", but there's another pile of dark blue and cheddar ones too. They're an ongoing project, so I won't be finishing them any time soon, but it makes me realise how many variations and looks one block can have. There just isn't time to try them all, another reason to experiment with smaller tops, I suppose. I'm having fun anyway, and that's the main purpose...
Izzy now has two teeth and can sit up by herself; she's the cutest  thing ever. I'm amazed she leaves her headbands on, she just seems to ignore them for the most part. What a little darling....


1 comments:

Sandy January 23, 2015  

Careful, Mereth ... doll quilts can be addicting.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP