Friday, January 29, 2016

I was looking back through my blog and realised that I never took a photo of the  Ohio Star top that I finished last year. This isn't a great picture but you can see how the border turned out. (Excuse my dopey dog in the bottom of the frame) Once I'd figured out what to do in the borders it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience; in fact I could start making those little blocks all over again I loved them so much. I have no doubt there will be other Ohio Star quilts in my future.

I actually have about thirty blocks made for a green and cream quilt but that setting is a lot more complicated and I'm not looking forward to nutting out the final decisions for that one just yet.


 I've decided to make Bonnie's Scrappy Mountain Majesties, so I'm busy cutting and stitching that at the moment. It's not a pattern I'd planned to do, but it looks like fun, so why not?

5 comments:

Unknown January 30, 2016  

Don't you love when the inspiration to start a new quilt just hits like that? I have a friend in Hedland WA while I am in the south of WA and we are both planning to do a Scrappy Mountain quilt together virtually...once we have both finished off several current projects. I am looking forward to seeing your version.

Sue SA January 30, 2016  

Love the finished Ohio stars quilt, the border is lovely. Bonnies scrappy mountains has been on my to do list for a few years now, so looking forward to seeing your version to get my enthusiasm kick started!

Juliann in WA January 31, 2016  

Your Ohio Star is wonderful. Enjoy your next project

Gretchen Weaver February 01, 2016  

Great minds think alike! I started Scrappy Mountains last week with the intentions of making quilts for the grandsons. That should make a dent in the homespun fabric box. Love your Ohio Star Quilt and can't wait to see what you do with the cream and green blocks.

Karen February 06, 2016  

Always a good quilt to see on your blog.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP